11th June 2019 Tuesday – Windy wind and no thanks


Hello Everybody!
Route: Shap to Lockerbie
For the non-mathematicians out there:
Distance:  53.6 miles (Total 581.4)
Average speed: 12.7 mph
Calories: 1,640
Cycling time: 6h07m
Average cadence: 69 rpm
Climb: 4,232ft, Descent: 3,707ft
Heart (yes I have one): max 147 aver 119
Aver Temp: 17C, Max temp 26C
Temperament:  Things seem to be going OK

Another fairly short day due to not doing much mileage on Blossom. It was windy though but see video and photos.

The Sun came out for about 2 mins and I quickly captured my shadow
as I doubt I will see it again this holiday, damn you Miguel or Michael

Just in case you did not believe how much I was suffered with the wind, watch below.


I followed the A6 till it stopped in Carlisle which is where I had my lunch. I also met an Australian who was doing LEJOG. I seem to have met quite a few people but maybe that’s because I say “Hello and give me all your money, you flea-ridden scoundrel you” – try it, it always works.

I was going to turn left here, but I was sure I'd get no thanks

Cycling on the A6 is not like cycling on the A3 or A4 darn sarf. The main difference is the likelihood of dying. A6 pretty poor, A3/A4 dead cert, pardon the pun which was intended. The A6 has very little traffic, what traffic there is there are all politic and give you loads of space and there are frequent cycle lanes when needed. It’s also quick and much easier than the lesser roads, which we all look down upon, although the motorways do look down on the lesser A roads. We’re the Ronnie Barker of the road class system, you could say.

Today I would arrive in another country. Scunthrope United, no Scotland sorry about that. I entered Scotland via Gretna Green. 


I also met a lovely woman. Why was she a lovely woman. Yes, you missed them, you really missed them and now you going get one all to yourself, an Alan Swinhoe list special.

Alan Swinhoe’s list special about a lovely woman:
1.     She is from Auckland, New Zealand – to be honest I could stop there
2.     She is called Dianne with TWO n’s
3.     My name also has TWO n’s but as I am so busy I never put the second, or maybe is it the first, “n” down. I have actually worked out that by not putting the second/first “n” down has saved me about 2 hours 34 mins 89 secs so far in my life. The one slight issue is that to calculate how much time it has saved me actually took 5 days 16 hours 34 mins 98 secs. To be honest I wish I’d never started it
4.     She took my photo at the border – could be the name of a great song or short crime series

BEFORE
DURING
AFTER

The 3 A’s again cycled at the front with the same result – absolutely no drafting benefit to me at all. But it’s the thought that counts although it doesn’t do much for the average speed now does it?

Anyway let’s end on a positive note. I have not heard any bagpipes yet.

Cherrio (s) to all and sundry from us lot xxx

Wet & Windy Photos:





 Some more "Guess The Flower" quiz. Spoiler alert - they are lilac flowers





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early Warning Notice - Road to Nowhere

10th June 2019 Monday – The 3 A's & Franklin go walkabout and look what they find?