Early Warning Notice - Road to Nowhere

Hello Everybody!
Route: Road to Nowhere

For the non-mathematicians out there:
Distance: A small basket of plums
Average speed: slightly more than walking pace
Calories: I only like calories with honey on top
Cycling time: A little while later
Average cadence: Googleplex rpm
Climb: every mountain, Descent: Ice cream 
Heart (yes I have one): Still beating
Aver Temp: Wet & Windy, Max temp Just Windy
Temperament: I miss the adventure and Arnold, Arnolda & Arnie. Franklin says hello though but.

This is an early warning notice to state that our adventure continues. In the last episode, I may have mentioned (and now that I have just checked I actually did mention) the fact that instead of continuing the UK leg of my adventure almost immediately after finishing the USA leg, I decided to wait a little while. I guess my "legs" were tired [EDITOR: Alan dons Basil Brush outfit and shouts "Boom! Boom!]. The reasons for this were manyfold and I feel a list coming on.....


List of reasons why I delayed the UK leg into 2019 and not 2018 as originally stated:
  1. my bottom needed the rest, oh yes.
  2. I really missed my family although they did not feel the same towards me.
  3. Blossom needed some changes made to her which I am still in the process of completing.
  4. Ruth messed up the booking
The good news is that Arnold, Arnolda and Arnie (the 3 A's) will be joining me on my UK journey. Not sure how they will travel but I will no doubt imagine something when the time comes. Franklin, who has been spending the winter on the mantelpiece with his friends [EDITOR - see below], will also be keeping us company and he is looking forward to going out each evening to an Italian restaurant.


So the UK adventure starts on 2nd June 2019 when I will get a train from Reading, pronounced "Redding" for our Merican viewers, all the way to Penzance in Cornwall (Think of Cornwall as the place where Game of Thrones was thought up). I will then cycle all of 10 miles to Land's End and stay in a local B&B. The real cycle business then starts the following day which is 2nd June + 1. The plan, which Ruth has fully organised and promptly booked on my behalf, will get me to John O'Groats on 18th June 2019, all being well. I will also enjoy 2 rest days which will be spent mostly resting unless I am asleep instead.


ADMIN NEWS:

I have also made some changes to the blog namely, and in the form of a list, these are:
  1. I have changed the UK donation page as BT have stopped running a donation website service. Your previous donations were very generous and I would like to thank you all very much for being so kind. For those who would like to donate again or for those who have yet to donate, the new link is: www.gofundme.com/cycleacrossUSAandUK. This link has been updated in my Donation blog page as well, as you never know what can happen to a web link, can you Gra?
  2. Also please take a look at the "Route Info" page which has been updated with the UK route details. The route is very similar to the USA route other than the following items, listed in the form of a list within this list:
    • it takes place in the UK and not the USA
    • it is much shorter and much less hilly - the flat bits are very similar though
    • it goes mostly north rather than mostly west
    • the people should be a little bit easier to understand apart from Devon and Glasgow
    • Blossom will be very much lighter as she has been on a low oil diet and I have put a little bit less air in her tyres - this has very little to do with the route so please accept my miss-list item

Note to dear readers:

When I publish new blog pages they seem to have different fonts/sizes etc. This is not done on purpose but is something that Google Blogger editor does. I could fix it but as I am incapable of rational or irrational thought then I think it's best left well alone.

Also if you want to make a comment on my Blog it seems the Blog technology does not want you to do that. Instead please send any comments, questions and/or criticisms directly to my email address (swinhoea@hotmail.com) and I will post and respond via my daily blog post. OK?

PHOTOS:

Here are some photos of Arnold, Arnolda and Arnie and also me & Franklin and also Wilson (aka Franklin's older movie star brother - see link) who we met on a beach in New Zealand earlier this year - who'd have thunkd it? 

The Three A's in a meadow just outside of Imagination village.




Franklin (with inanimate friends) on the mantelpiece




Wilson laying just off the beach in NZ ....





Movie link =VVVV

  


Wilson getting a scalp massage from Al baby, nice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11th June 2019 Tuesday – Windy wind and no thanks

10th June 2019 Monday – The 3 A's & Franklin go walkabout and look what they find?