12th June 2019 Wednesday – Half wind, Half not wind, Lovely day NOT


Hello Everybody!
Route: Lockerbie to Glasgow
For the non-mathematicians out there:
Distance:  70.0 miles (Total 651.4)
Average speed: 11.8 mph
Calories: 1,488
Cycling time: 5h54m
Average cadence: 69 rpm
Climb: 2,648ft, Descent: 2,844ft
Heart (yes I have one): max 130 aver 113
Aver Temp: 23C, Max temp 10C
Temperament:  Very enjoyable route and weather was playing friendly an all

Left Lockerbie with the wind blowing a hoolie. Proper in yer face. For engineers out there, the additional wind multiplied by the square sum of the bodily area divided by π equates to a pain in the ask your mother for sixpence. In my world my travelling speed was impacted by about 2-5 mph depending on the wind strength and road conditions. I must admit to letting it get on my nerves quite a bit, for quite a bit of time, in spite of Arnold & Arnolda staying at the front all day. See Blog Post Passums for effect of Imaginary people leading a cycle group. Spoiler alert = absolutely nothing.

As you can see from the temps up above, it was quite cold for quite a bit of time. We heard that a Sun was in the sky we just never actually saw it. Again see pictures of sky covered in grey clouds. 





I've got loads more of these photos if you need to see any more
One bit of pleasantry, there was no rain. This was mainly due to my purchase of waterproof shoe covers rather than just using my not at all waterproof toe covers. Life is a learning experience after all.

Just over an hour of face wind surfing, we all came across another cycle joy – a hill. This was good and bad. Good because the hill was shielding the wind from getting at us and also the hill was not very steep for most of its length or is it height? The bad news is that it was still a hill and it took an hour to climb. Empty your mind, think only of positive emotions, shout, cry and get off your bike and stomp around. These things all help, trust me.

Again I was following close to the M7 via a series of main/less main roads. These were pretty smooth and there was a cycle path for long periods of time. The cycle paths were also very smoooooooth which helped my outlook on life.




After the main and only hill, the wind returned but started to ease as I began to travel north west rather than just north. In the end, I ended up getting a fairly good impression of a tailwind for the last 25 miles or so.



Getting into Glasgow was reasonably safe and without incident. 

The famous son of Glasgow - The Big Yin


From afar


I found the Airbnb which was average but was cheap and clean and close to restaurants. I ended up eating Italian food just for a pigging change. I think I’ve lost a few things along the way but don’t mention it to “you know who”. The forecast for tomorrow is RAIN and WIND. The forecast does not seem to change no matter how many “weather apps” I have downloaded. The current “weather app” total on my phone is just over 35 but still no “You are the sunshine of my life” forecast”


Doctor Who was here, Which Doctor was here, The Witch Doctor was here, Who?
Another flower competition so what flowers are here? Clue: blue, yellow, lilac, whiteist, pink and green ones.




We also caught sight of many wind turbines and I have a nice section of photos for the engineers an all. See pictures at the end as I did not wish to force something that engineers like on normal, stable, interesting, non-tedious people. Just saying.

Off to sleep for the tribe. Arnie is still slightly teething so we locked him up with the bike.

Love & Kisses, The Tribe xx

Pictures of wind turbines, good very everyone.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early Warning Notice - Road to Nowhere

11th June 2019 Tuesday – Windy wind and no thanks

10th June 2019 Monday – The 3 A's & Franklin go walkabout and look what they find?